Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Strawberries & Cream Biscuits



What do you do when a life of baking gives you left over ingredients? More baking perhaps? That would correct if it wasn't a weekday night and I didn't just finish a day of working and mothering. I rarely bake on the weekdays anyway.

I have half a pint of cream leftover in my refrigerator from making some ice cream (I will post about it before the end of the week). I want to use it up so I put my thinking cap on. I remembered that I brought some strawberries over the weekend and I have some Pillsbury Grands biscuits in the freezer. Eureka I got!

Strawberries & Cream Biscuits
(1 serving)
1 Pillsbury Grands biscuit (or any type of biscuit you like)
1/2 cup heavy cream
1 1/2 to 2 tbsp granulated sugar
6 strawberries
1. Cook biscuit according to package.
2. Slice strawberries and set aside.
3. Pour cream in a bowl with sugar and whisk until soft peaks form.
4. Combine the strawberries and whipped cream and set aside until biscuit is done.
5. Slice the biscuit in half after it is done and place the bottom half in a bowl. Top with cream filling then place the other half on top.

ENJOY!
END VERDICT - 5 stars
This is an easy, versatile, weekday dessert and you can change it according to you taste and what you have laying around the house. Do you have some peaches that need to be eaten today? Cut them up and toss them into the whipped cream. It is not an extremely sweet dessert so you won't feel too guilty about eating it.
Until next time,
Happy Smacking!

No comments: